Our shockwave team will assess your suitability for the procedure and educate you about your condition, any activity modifications, exercises and alternative treatment options.
ESWT is a non-invasive treatment used in musculoskeletal medicine to treat many conditions that may result from sport or injury, from overuse or repetitive strain and where other conservative treatments such as manual therapy, ice and rest, exercise prescription, orthotic or splint use and or pain/inflammatory relieving medications may have been unsuccessful.
The procedure is quick and you can resume normal activities at home or work afterward. A gel medium is applied to the affected area and mechanical acoustic waves are delivered through a device to create capillary microruptures in tendon and bone increasing blood flow. This helps to speed up the body’s healing and recovery, reducing pain and restoring mobility.
Some of the conditions treated by ESWT:
- Back pain and chronic muscular pain
- Supraspinatus/rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Calcific supraspinatus tendinopathy
- Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylopathy)
- Golfers Elbow (medial epicondylopathy)
- Hip bursitis
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome
- Jumper’s knee/patellar tendinopathy
- Tibial Stress Syndrome
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Heel spurs
- Plantar fasciitis